Friday, March 4, 2011

Ayers Rock

I have found the adventure associated with the desert. The desert Solitaire. I was able to make it out of Sydney, but now it seems I am stuck at a resort/hostel with every direction to go, but no way to get there. They strategically placed this resort 20 km away from the rock so it is unlikely anyone will walk there. You then have to jump on a shuttle bus for the low one time fee of about 150 dollars to drive up to the rock. There are other rocks just as far away in the other direction but these too require beacoup de l'argent. Renting a car is an option, but who knows. The last resort is hitching but seeing as how there is almost no traffic and 450 km between towns, I don't think I want to attempt that just yet. Cheers from the canyon desert rock country of the Outback with nowhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment