Friday, February 4, 2011

Snowy hike



After a large snowfall I decided to take a walk about into the wild of the valleys where nobody else would be. I was correct. A certain stillness prevailed and I was free of all thoughts positive and negative. Almost a purgatory that is beneficial to sanity. Here is a compilation of my thoughts that day.


Pausing after I finally reach the glacier I listen. It is as if I were in a sealed cave experiencing complete dark. But in this case there is nothing...Gently falling snowflakes but make a thud when touching down Since brought here from the ocean. A thumping soon appears and I notice it is the rhythmic pattern of my heart beat after hiking uphill for some miles. Breathing is steady as well but better controlled than a heart. I must be the only living thing bigger than a single cell for a distance. Only me, the glacier, and still air. When CRASH! An piece of glacier calved. If a glacier calves and only I am there to hear it...Then I am reminded that there is always something special in nothing.




1882 through the clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment