Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Random Randamnations

This is me after sleeping for about 16 hours. I have almost completed reading "catch 22" in a week because all I can do anymore is sleep. I go to bed around 9 pm, wake up at 4 pm the next day. Go to dinner, wash some bottles for a couple of hours then pass out at work and have to head to bed. Aside from that I only have a little less then half the bottles done, and I don't ever want to rinse a nalgene bottle with HCl and DI water ever again! This could just be a symptom of the cold, which it probably is, but the way I see it I am hibernating for the 3 months I'll spend in a tent. So I had a Columbian dude named Juan I met in Christchurch sleep in my room for 3 nights although I never could tell if it was him or not because he was in bed before I got back and was up and gone at 6am. He left to room with a buddy and last night about 1am a Peruvian dude walked in and passed out on the bed next to mine. I talked to him for a little while and turns out he has spent his last 13 months down at the south pole. He left last September and just got to mcmurdo this morning. He said the winter there had 47 people. They can't send any planes in for help because of the harsh weather, and you need to be real calm cool and collected. If I had to spend that much time with those people in the dark on a glacier I would go postal so fast even the pony express couldn't catch me. I wanna go back to bed...I am just rambling on this entire thing. I don't think what is being typed has fully made it through the process of "sense check" before it leaves my brain. It would be similar to running a car simply by turning the key. Except that the engine never kicks up. Just that spark plug is all that is goin on in my brain right now...More bottle washin. Peace. Mafi Mushkila!

No comments:

Post a Comment