Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New Zealand, The fabricated paradise for all!

20th Oct 10
Just got into Aukland after 13 hours on a cramped airbus middle seat. Fell asleep to more movies than I care to remember, and am still tryiung to forget that god damned baby that wouldn't stop kicking my seat waking me up right before the apex of every dream. Sat next to a real nice woman from Hokitika. Why is accronym such a long word? well her name is Renee and has a sweet NZ accent. She is coming home to the West Coast of the S. island for 6 days before leaving again back to Florida. Good luck not getting "Colorado" lost in translation, let alone more than half of what she said could have well passed for either jibberish or Navajo. Well here comes customs!
Aroha New Zealand! HAHA

There is more blood, hair, and stained dirt on the bottom customs had to disinfect.




The Dogs were certainly fed well when they reached my recently bloody elk toting backpack! Everytime they jumped on my bags the person would praise them and hand them a treat, then ask me some serious questions. Good thing I vacuum sealed the crack!

Aukland
In the Biosecurity line now. Apparently having elk blood residue on your boots is looked down upon. We shall see. Until then I am going to try to ignore the hordes of other blaze yellow/green luggage tags that say USAP(U.S. Antarctic program).

Some mountain outside of Aukland
Wow I forgot how much customs sucks! After I had to wait 20 minutes for muy boots to get washed, there was a 15 minute walk to the domestic terminal. It is odd to have missed winter and instantly hit the end of spring here. Overcast but gree, reminds me of Oregon in sight and smell. Absolutely beautiful. I can see the hills from the terminal!

No comments:

Post a Comment