Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sittin, Waitin, Wishin...

So before I start with my rants about the English taking over New Zealand and then calling it their birthplace...I digress much too often. Yesterday we went to the Antarctic center of the world where they have tours and penguins and dead things I think. But I went to the CDC which is the clothing distribution center. Got a 20 pound down puffy with a sweet fuzzy hoodie on top! Anyway we were supposed to leave this morning at 5 am. then they told us it was delayed three hours. Then they eventually said it was cancelled due to weather in Antarctica. There is also a sweet McMurdo live webcam here which is pretty foggy right now. So we would fly in a C130 or something, and we have these things called boomerang bags. If we are on the flight and the weather moves in, we get out boomerang bags back for our stay in NZ but not our check on. That stays on a pallet. So I have my guitar, a book, and camera/wallet in that bag and that is it. maybe a toothbrush. The record of tries to get to the ice is 7 before they finally landed. It is a 7 hour flight from christchurch to McMurdo and there is a story of people making it to within sight of McMurdo 7 hours, then having to turn back because of a quickly moving storm...Ha Suckers! For now I am going to go to the top of the gondola and mountian bike down. Here is the supposed view from the top.

And while I am grounded I am also conducting research from down under. Here is video # 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOI-4H9N98

No comments:

Post a Comment